View Single Post
Captain
# 10
10-23-2012, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgreaper2012 View Post
sorry to bump an old thread but im not aloud to post new ones yet and this is as close as i can get to what i need to know.

i brought this game (preordered infact) for about ?60 as the digitial deluxe one, now i see it is free, how are we that brought the game compensated?
now its free does that mean we need to spend money to get the good stuff?
'tis a zombie and will be closed.

But you retrain all of the things in the that you have earned before the F2P conversion. All of you charactrers, ships, Bridge Officers, pre-order items, personal and bank inventory, and other unlock are still there. And any unused character slots _should_ be there, but there is some weirdness in regards to that. If you hve over 10 million energy credits you will no loose them, but you won't be able to earn any more until you drop below the limit. Or up your EC limit via the service in the C-Store. Otherwise your account is a Silver Account and you have all of the features and limitations thereof.

And no you don't have to spent money if you don't want to. There is a new "time" current called Dilihtium which you earn in various was. You can earn as much as you want. But you can only turn 8000 of it into usable "currency" per day. Dilithium replaced the old badges, marks currencies of old. So basically hte good stuff is bought but Dilihtium.

And the other wrinkle is that there is a player driver Dilithium Exchange in which you can trade Dilithium for Zen Points or vice-versa. It's player driven. So you can with enough time can even buy stuff from teh C-Store w/o having to spend one cent of your own money.