View Single Post
Cryptic Studios Team
# 69
10-24-2012, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
The part I have a problem is that those of us that do have multiple stf xii sets it seems redundant for us to have to start out where everyone else is. There should be some kind of gauge atleast with accolades earned with the system already where those of us with time invested should not have to start out at the same place of those who have not put in the time that some of us have put in.
This is a new game system much like the Fleet System was a new system in Season 6. We did not give existing Fleets credit for having played Fleet Actions prior to Season 6 - everyone started from the same point.

Similarly, the Reputation system is a new way to earn Captain advancement and will be expanded on in future updates. Season 7 introduces Omega and Romulans, but there will be more reputations and rewards added later. We want everyone to experience the Reputation system on equal footing and be able to make smart decisions about which powers they want their captain to have at each tier. In the case of the Romulan reputation, we want players to experience the mission and cutscene unlocks that occur at each tier that are representative of the ongoing relationship the player has with the Romulans. So we are not trying to say "go do it again". We are trying to say, we appreciate you've played a lot of STFs and continue to do so. We are now adding additional rewards that you can obtain as you continue to play STFs - plus we are giving you a definite answer as to "when am I going to get that last piece of gear I need?!"

Now you will know.