View Single Post
Starfleet Veteran
# 134
10-24-2012, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
Statistically speaking, this is untrue.

Even starting from scratch, maxing out the new Reputation system will take you approximately 60% less STF runs than the chances you have of getting the last gear drop you need. This is what we meant by the system is far more favorable for most players. When the drop rate is so low, you'd have to run STFs "X" number of times for a likely chance to get the tech drop.

In the new system, the number of STF runs needed to get that last piece of gear is reduced down to a definite cost that has a finite number of STF runs to obtain which is 60% less than what it would have been previously in the random odds table.

Sure you might get lucky and get the last piece of gear you need in the next two months, but the odds are against you in the current reward table. You are more likely to get the last piece of gear you need by leveling up the Rep system than leaving it to chance.

Despite all the comments youve made i still feel your not addressing the concern that the new systems and costs will increase the pressure on people to have to buy zen and hence force the cost of playing this game up, can you really afford to lose players ? is it not better to have a system where people are lining your pockets with money rather than over pricing every single last thing (the phrase getting blood out of a stone comes to mind) and force people to say "sorry i cant afford what sto is aksing of me im off to find a cheaper mmo"

Lets be honest here mr stahl shall we, how much of this increase in cost is by PWE demanding more money ? sure in asian countries they love to grind mmos to death but do pwe really have a grasp on the culture differences in the western market ?

I think you have got a big nerve hiking up the cost of every. WHilst I appreciate as a business cryptic has to make money i think your going the wrong way about it.