View Single Post
Captain
# 14
10-24-2012, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
In my opinion these consoles need to do something other than just add threat control. (Full disclosure: I have not seen them yet, they may do more than just threat control)

Neither the Threat Control skill on ground/space, nor Draw Fire on the ground work like this they both grant extra resistance to deal with the greater incoming damage.

While an item that would help with Threat Control is welcome, these consoles appear they will do so with too high an opportunity cost.
I'd add in resistance to "all energy damage" and "kinetic damage" equal to about half to two-thirds of what the same rank and quality of Neutronium Armor would grant (so about +10 to +12 for the Mk. XII purple quality). It needs to give enough resistance to be worthwhile, but not so much as to out-armor the dedicated armor consoles.

Hmmm, speaking of damage resistance, one kind of console that we could do with is a shield resistance console. Basically they would do the same thing for shields that armor does for hull--add resistance to a particular damage type.