View Single Post
Captain
# 494
10-24-2012, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post

I also agree with Levi's assessment of the rewards, it would kill support roles, which are as I am sure you will agree already marginalized in much of the space end-game where DPS is more often than not king. I know however that the combat logs list Heals given out and Damage taken, if you wanted a reward system, could you not also have an award for most heals and most damage recived/amount of deaths?. Though such a system would be more complicated and a simple across the board reward may be the way to go.

It's absolutely true - any support in these missions would absolutely collaspse - why would you heal someone - or extend your shields or resurrect someone? That would only take away from your time to earn more chance at the top prize. Even a system that took these other variables into account is not good because there is so much going on that people would get consumed with being the winner. Missions would collapse in on themselves left and right and the game would grind to a halt. The idea of teamwork would be ended if this change goes live. I am glad Mr Stahl can see that to.