View Single Post
Career Officer
# 142
10-25-2012, 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse2001 View Post
keep testing it. Especially in pvp. I'd love to hear more progress reports in a separate thread (you know, dedicated captain's logs concerning one specific cross-class use of a ship)
Well, have taken it into a each of the STF's at least once (CSE twice) and it did.... well, adequately. Nothing spectacular, but it did the job.

Upon learning that the current Borg three-piece + MACO shield is due to be mega-nerfed I tried the Omega set on it to see how it might feel post season seven. Let's just say that I may as well have renamed the ship USS Debris. The Omega set, on the Rhode Island, simply couldn't manage the constant (and frankly STUPID) Borg plasma fire ultra-spam (Hazard Emitters are only useful if they're not on cooldown) and with that and the shield drain spam, I didn't last long.

Tried a slight modification - i.e Omega deflector and engine + MACO shield, and it was marginally better, but nothing like the Borg three-piece + MACO shield.

Need to find a useful combo for my Science Captain's Wells class too

Am going to investigate mix-and match options using Fleet Store kit + MACO shield.

Need to find a suitable combo for my Sci toon's Wells class too......

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY