View Single Post
Career Officer
# 144
10-26-2012, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse2001 View Post
I think one very good test would be to test it in a red alert mission in any sector. Just borg. No specific objectives there but to kill enough Borg. I think there you'd getting a better idea - because stfs are more controlled. Personally, I think, the key is to testing out your gear is better in less restriction environments (you'll only know how your ship does in unexpected situations).

If I remember correctly, I had omega shield and deflector with borg engine on my Well's ship, and then switched to all Aegis. The Aegis, for me, at least, works well. Of course on a ship with more hull, it works even better. Plus I love the fact that it has reactive shielding, so as to protect your ship's hull but manipulating the shields. Its awesome.

Also I have all Borg pieces on my Sovereign class ship. Works remarkably well. I can see the various heal and adaptations taking effect many times. I don't how it will be once they change the borg pieces though

On a science ship I usually have at least 2 neutronium (number of slots permitting). On smaller ship like a Nova class (the tier 2[?] ship), which have less consoles slots, I use more monotanium, since its hull strength is significantly lower. A lot of players tell you to get rid of it, but I find it helps a lot on smaller ships.
Thanks for the reply and feedback

Good point actually - I managed to obtain a (MkXII) prototype engine drop from a successful CSE last night and subsequently used it to obtain the MACO engine. Therefore Rhode Island was running with two MACO pieces and the Omega deflector.

Subsequently took it into a Fleet Alert as figured that, since the Fleet Alerts are frequented by lower-tier players it wouldn't make a lot of difference. It performed pretty well - again, not outstanding, but was able to hold my own (and certainly outperformed a Regent class rainbow boat that was also present in the same instance!).

Still don't have the deflector - and intend to try to obtain that before season 7 commences, but your reference to the AEGIS set reminded me that I do actually have two pieces of that (sadly, can't recall which two as haven't used it for a while and at work at the time of posting, so can't access the game to check) and it might be worth adding those to the mix-and-match 'experiments' - though this would need to be on my Science toon/Wells class, since my Tac toon doesn't have any of the AEGIS equipment.

Will pop whatever pieces of the AEGIS set I have on my Wells when get a chance and keep an eye open for Borg red-alerts.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY

Last edited by reyan01; 10-26-2012 at 01:58 AM.