View Single Post
Career Officer
# 433
10-26-2012, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I didn't say 'sole' and I didn't say that you make 25 a week, just that you compact doffs you get so that you can sell multiple purples on exchange. I didn't even make a claim as how long you've been doing it. just that you seem to think it's the reason for the compactor to exist.

I suppose I did make a small error when I said "mass-produce purples". It should be "mass-compact to produce purples".
I guess I should accept that is about as close as an apology I will get for your false assumptions.

So tell me what is the "official" use of the compactor? you saying that my usage of it to populate my duty roster is wrong? Because honestly I don't see how you've come to that logic. I don't even believe people are using it to mass produce purples for sale, many may well have gotten purples from it that they don't need and posted them for sale. I doubt very much anyone sells multiple purples on the exchange using my method.

It costs a few 100,000ec's just to get a Doff Pack off the exchange and you need a lot of these just to get 1 purple, the prices of purples at the moment would mean more often than not you'd be making a marginal profit at best.

To be honest until this thread started I wasn't even aware there was even a theory that people were using the grinder to do what you say they are doing, because form my own experience it seemed quite costly to produce a purple anyways.

It's interesting though how both you and levi have jumped on this...

Last edited by thisisoverlord; 10-26-2012 at 03:21 PM.