View Single Post
Career Officer
# 466
10-26-2012, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I'm gonna continue business as usual. I don't use it that much so it won't bother me. the only people it really hurts are those that overuse it. That is either people who want to sell purples or people who are new players and haven't figured out that the compactor is the expensive way to get doffs.
EC and Dilithium expensive but time is more important to me.

As you already say it is expensive enough as it is, adding this extra sink will simply push people onto buying direct from the exchange and play straight into the hands of these so-called profiteers who no doubt have been stockpiling doffs for a very long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
If you buy purple doffs from Ferra's store he charges 12k dil. Some are very useful. Others.... are meh. And yeah that's more than the 8k you can refine each day.

So the new compactor charges 5k and 5 blues for a purple. Hmm.... let's compare the doff store with the compactor hmm?

greens: 500 from compactor 1k from ferra
blues: 2.5k vs 6k
purples: 5k vs 12k

so... except for green, the prices are 5/12 what you would be charged if you could buy that doff in ferra's store.
You under the misconception that people are willing to pay and actually even buy Doffs from Ferra. I think I've bought 1 from him. that's it. Any product is only worth what people are willing to pay.

Record companies may price a CD @ ?12.99 but most people are no longer willing to accept that as a price they are willing to pay so they don't.

Markup does not actually reflect true market value, and this discussion is a diversion from the main point the majority here feel it is an unfair and unaffordable dilithium sink that will push them away from doffing.

So lets stick to and focus on that.

Last edited by thisisoverlord; 10-26-2012 at 05:40 PM.