View Single Post
Lieutenant
# 481
10-26-2012, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
Perhaps English is not your first language - look up the term "Hypocrite"

If I were telling people not to grind purples, but instead was doing it myself - then I would be a "Hypocrite"
Quote:
the grinder is being used by people to PROFITEER - by supplying the market with toons cheap to produce blues and purples...
HYPOCRITE -- "a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings."

It's not much of a distinction. Selling Blues/Purples for a profit is profiteering, but selling whites for even greater profit is perfectly acceptable. Method of acquisition is not really relevant to the issue that you are just as "guilty" of profiteering as people selling Blues/Purples.

Quote:
Instead what i am doing is providing a item to the market which is in HIGH demand, thereby keeping the price from rising - which most people want.

By grinding purples, which are a LOW demand item, and placing them on the market this drives down the price - which most people don't want(including Cryptic from my understanding)

Example I can place 100 commons at 74k and have them sold in a few minutes - this is because there is a massive demand for them.
I find it funny that you believe most people want the price of Common DOFFs to stay low, but also want the price of Purple DOFFs to rise. The average player would love to see Purple DOFFs go lower. That way, they might actually be able to afford one. The number of players with hundreds of millions of EC is quite small. Most players are happy to have 2 million EC. There is a large demand for Purple DOFFs. Most players just don't have the resources to actually purchase them in large quantities.

Quote:
On top of that we are also due for another high end doff pack promo which guarentees a high end doff - do you think Cryptic wants to have the prices of high end doffs depressed on the exchange for this coming doff pack sale? It is almost certain that there will be one next month. This is just one of the reasons for the grinder changes in my mind.
Now that actually has some logic to it. Though you're conceding that the entire purpose to raising the dilithium cost is greed and has nothing to do with balance. Which is exactly what this entire thread has been about.

Quote:
I will say 1 last time - don't waste your time focasing on getting changes to the blues and purples - it's not going to happen. Focus on the common to green conversion.
They're brilliant when it comes to the other conversions, but when it comes to the White--->Green grinder, they're wrong. Everyone who is unhappy about the Green--->Blue or Blue--->Purple grinder are playing the game wrong, but the White--->Green is totally different. Great logic there.