View Single Post
Career Officer
# 13
10-27-2012, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
The T5 Romulan Rep ability is intended to be an "On Next Power" boost. Basically, you activate it, and your next ability that relies upon Science skills is vastly more effective.

We did not have an immediate solution to making a power that could remain on the player until their next power was activated, and then consume it. So the 5-second timer is by design to allow 1 or 2 power activation that are capable of benefiting from the boost.

It's not intended to turn you into Mr. Super Science for any duration. We can re-examine that if necessary, but I wanted to let everyone in on the actual design intent behind the ability first.

If this design intent means that we have to increase the bonus that this power grants, we'd love to hear suggestions as to how high it would need to be for it to be considered effective and desirable, without turning it into a 10-min Cooldown "I Win" button.

I'd like to reinforce the fact that this boost adds +100 to ALL Science Skills. This includes the skills that will increase effectiveness of Shield Heals, Current Shield HPs, Damage, Control and Energy/Shield Drains... but it also grants a massive boost to the RESIST skills that can help players escape or shrug off incoming control effects.
Nice on paper, but I can see that Aux boost being exploited very easily for anyone using Aux to Batteries. With that much Aux Power, it'd be a veritable EPS Power Transfer, especially in the apocalyptic scenario of someone carrying Aux to Bat III. Add that to a stacking Technician DOff build, and Aux to Bat becomes a must-have.
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)