View Single Post
Career Officer
# 30
10-27-2012, 06:53 PM
While the planet does look very nice (although more of a Neverwinter cut and paste) I'm not really a fan of what I'm seeing so far.

The reputation system, while a welcome change from the random drops, is just another grind on top of a game that has descended into one long grind. It's basically just another mini starbase at the end of the day.

It is nice to have a large map to play with but there is so little to do there beyond run pointless mini-games often set against timers. To be honest I can't really ever see myself wanting to go there. Defera as a setting is ten times better in my opinion and beats the heck out of spraying insect swarms or leading baby squids to their mother for little in return. It lacks substance and innovation to me and just feels big for the sake of being big and devoid of any real meat content.

It feels stagnant to be honest and while it's not a game breaker for me other than the few added stf missions and the omega rep system I really can't see myself going out of my way to play any of it.

I do understand that it is just a stepping stone to future development but it's not really adding that much to the game right now as a sector.

I'd much rather have seen some decent episode content and more stfs added to the game rather than another dilithium sink.