Thread: Borg Set Update
View Single Post
Captain
# 43
10-27-2012, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckorite View Post
The upcoming changes to the Borg set seem like a bad idea to me. There are several reasons:

1.) It does remove creativity by removing choice.
While it has been pointed out that we'll just have to become more "creative" it is hard to do this when they are forcing players to effectively choose certain "sets". ( Which are in hindsight, massively overpowered; how many people actually consider using non-set shields, engine, deflectors? I know I don't since so many sets can be obtained through missions, etc and they are just superior stat-wise and because of set-bonuses )
You mean the choice removed by everyone using 2/3pc borg + a high cap shield because it's comparatively overpowered?

Quote:
2.) Regarding the Borg set not being used as it was supposed to...
This is, to be blunt, either a massive lie or an incredible oversight on the Developers part. Considering how abilities come into effect as you have more of the set and it becomes obvious to see that a 4-piece anomaly set would lead to mix-and-matching. ( As mentioned earlier though, this may be more oversight arising from them not playing their own game and hence not knowing its' uses )
The Borg set (and it's bonuses) predated the high cap shields which were later released that caused the problem. This isn't even a relevant complaint anyway, it's basically "well, you made the mistake of letting us be OP... so we should continue being OP despite game balance". That's just nonsense logic.

Quote:
3.) Proper balancing should never require the sledgehammer approach
What I mean by this is that balancing is normally a delicate process that requires time and lots of small changes before you get things right. Unless I've been missing out on months of them tampering with the stats of the Borg set, then this choice seems rather uncalled for.
It's not that big of a deal. Use a different set. This game isn't hard enough for it to matter, plus it effects everyone equally.

Last edited by xantris; 10-27-2012 at 08:26 PM.