View Single Post
Starfleet Veteran
# 25
10-29-2012, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexindcobra View Post
STO has your head all screwed up on what's canon and what isn't. Go read Memory Alpha and Beta, to learn ships before you assume something.
I appreciate your assumption about what's going on in my head.. didn't realize you could read minds! Perhaps next time you can ask my permission before reading & analyzing my mind? Thank you.

Anyways I actually do read Memory Alpha as I see fit, but the difference is I am willing to fill in the gaps in order to satisfy any non-canon introduced mechanics into canon so I can have a enjoyable experience with the game.

Just the same as I filled it in with Star Trek Armada I with the Galaxy class having quantum tops and all sorts of those special powers across several ST games.

Fact being though this is the Devs world. Told from their perspectives, their minds (mostly. Restricted by engine, coding complexity etc.). I would LOVE some of these inconsistencies with canon and STO fixed, but considering balancing (being the biggie -- imagine needing 200+ member raid to in-canon take out a tac cube!!), the immense complexities of MMO software coding packages, and other computing restrictions.. if you want to enjoy the game, you gotta loosen up on the canon interpretations some, just like any other ST game.

I'll put a ST DVD into the Blu Ray player when I want total 100% canon.
---
"We are the Borg. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."
Sincerely,
The Cube Assimilating Your Ship Right Now