View Single Post
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
10-30-2012, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Yup, been runnin elites for months in white mk11 gear and a T4 ship without much problem. Rarely do I find PuG's that are outright stupid, most listen if you're nice and explain why things have to be done in a particular order. Those that CAN should help those that don't know whats going on, it helps everyone if you take the time to teach.

Decided to put on STF gear for the pre-season 7 crunch and I feel so dirty- STF's are alot easier if you know what to do and have the gear to make it happen, but they can be done with knowledge alone.
Exactly. This is why I could care less about how long someone has played ("veteran", sure), what sort of gear they have, etc. as opposed to how they play. Skilled players could still pull their weight in an STF with crappy gear. Besides, not every player has the advantage of being in a fleet, or a fleet with sufficient rank to have Elite Mk XII gear.

We don't need a WoW raid gear mentality in STF; we'd be better off without players who judge others by their gear (or assume lack of skill = lack of gear), and better of with players who measure other players by what they can do, how they play, what strategies they employ, etc.

I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
And remember to follow the rules.