View Single Post
Captain
# 5
10-30-2012, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3xr34p3r View Post
I agree CS, mby we can push tacofangs into adjusting the overall atmosphere in each area after he and the art team are done with any texture fixes they have goin atm.

I personally would like to see a darker feeling to the area's as the lighting in gen can be a tad too much (esp considering how much the bloom is even at 100%).
Why can't we have more stuff like Hathon? That has great atmosphere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassguitar View Post
IMO the problem is the overall actual pallet of colors they use. There are certain colors that just can't seem to be replicated that are commonly used colors. As someone who worked in color printing for a long time, I find myself staring at the color pallet while designing outifts for my toon wondering why they don't have a more XXXXXX based system like so many other games.

Overall I find the colo0r in general (primarily on ground maps) to seem a bit grayed out and faded compared to other games I play that have bolder colors. Everything here (again mostly on ground maps) seems to have been done with pastel pencils rather than bold, bright color.
I think the game is rather colourful, but I will agree about many environments being grayed out. Like the Borg ones as I previously mentioned. Gray is not a scary colour.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.