View Single Post
Career Officer
# 98
10-31-2012, 02:03 PM
Yeah, I'll have to see it in action before I go so far as to call it OP. Odds are though, it will be. If nothing else, as a science ship, between a science captain's abilities, a science ship's innate science Boff slots, and now all the special console abilities, we'll be telling the story of the science spamfest for years to come. "There were so many anomalies, we could no longer see the stars! The spherebuilders were totally like omg we're the hell outta here!"

Nothing to do with Cryptic or Mark, I really never had an opinion on the ship's appearance or the quality of consoles, but still I'll continue to hate the Vesta for what it is, always was and always will be; an absurdly deus ex machina heavy fanfic creation for a writer and captain (I suppose that makes Ezri not such a bad choice afterall) who both lack the intelligence to think up creative solutions to their problems to the point of requiring techno-babble I-win switches for every situation. There's plenty of that in Trek, sure, but there's absolutely nothing else in Destiny.

So I don't think I'll be getting this one.

This will be the first Starfleet ship I didn't get.
Reave