View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 48
11-02-2012, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewfelix View Post
In Season 7 you will get dilithium faster doing the twenty man events, where you can even get purple items if yuo do well enough in the events, than Elite STFs, this is by design according to the Devs as they see the STFs as a source of Omega Marks and as far as I can tell the only source for Borg neural Processors with Elite STFs. Even then if they gave 10 million Dilithium we are still capped at the refinement of 8k a day and it is that 8k limit that is the big issue with all these new dilithium sinks.

Heck pre-season 7 it was even easier than what your saying, do a few STFs get the old borg set (which isn't bad when you consider all the 3 borg + maco/other shield users out on holodeck right now) and use that till you either get the drops or the EDC to get a mk XI set opr at least teh shield you want, then grind till you get a MK XII set, or at lest the shield you want.

Now you have to grind out through tier 5 rep and then grind some more to have the dilithium to get the item. Even as someone who already has managed to get a mk 12 ground set and a mk 12 space set I think this new grind is requiring an excessive amount of dilithium compared to Omega/Romulan marks. Oh and you can't do the 3 borg + other shield combo now or the two borg two other set since they are splitting off the console into another set, which may not necessarily be a bad thing as I can see the issues that were popping up with the old borg set.

By the way if your wondering I already have a Mk 12 Maco ground set and a Mk 12 Maco space set... so this isn't a whining I want to get the set easier, this is are they seriously trying to force people to cough up that much dilithium with the 8k a day refinement issue.
You are right! The cost is too expensive, why the devs want sink the dilithium? hummm the dilithium price will raise in the market.