View Single Post
Rihannsu
# 13
11-03-2012, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theultimatefunky View Post
ok well for starters I don't suck at the game or ANY stf as I have been running them all since beta, my equipment is top notch and so is my MK XII space gear
That's cute, but equipment doesn't make for a good player. Especially in a game as easy as STO, where elite STFs can be done with free ships having mk viii common gear without issues, really.

Quote:
don't care what you say you cannot take on one tac cube 1 at a time as you fire at one they all swarm you
Oh dear, then how come me and my team were able to aggro them one by one when we did it yesterday? Did we do the impossible, or have we just thought it out properly?

Also, have you checked the new Threat Control consoles on Tribble? Yeah... they may come in handy for this mission especially, you know... just sayin'

Quote:
and im sure im not the only one complaining
Sadly, you're not. And that's what worries me, because then Cryptic may be forced to nerf the mission so that every player and their dog can do it with eyes closed...

Quote:
even the BEST pre-made teams wouldn't make optional
Oh stop it with your best pre-made teams as you clearly have no idea what players are capable of nowadays.

Quote:
and where you got a tac cube can be taken down in a minute from I don't know because its never happened
It did happen numerous times when me and my friends played ISE or KASE, so yeah...

Quote:
have you actually tried it on elite? and how long did it take you?? the mission says it shud take 25 mins, that is a HUGE overstatement
Elite. Took us ~30min total without the optionals, but that's because it was our first attempt with one pug guy who aggroed all the initial cubes with his FAW (lack of strategy much?). But once the cubes reset we managed to kill them one by one fairly quickly. We learned as we went on and in the end we all agreed that the only thing that needs to be tweaked is the Diamond's Iso Charge, while the rest is fairly challenging. And by that I mean actually challenging by STO standards, but still doable. That's why I can't stand all that moaning that it's too difficult because it doesn't finish itself on its own... So I'll say it again - find yourself a GOOD team, practice the mission the way it is, without calling for a nerf, and I assure you you're going to breeze through it in a week or so.

PS. Tried it on normal today. It way so easy that even the pug team aggroing everything in sight managed to pull it off with all the optionals. Way too easy even for normal if you ask me.

Last edited by suaveks; 11-03-2012 at 09:48 AM.