View Single Post
Lieutenant
# 973 Not Happy
11-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Well i just played on the test server. I am not please. The cost of the omega projects even at level 0 is too much. I already grind daily to get enough stuff to help my fleet projects. I am NOT grinding even more just to level my character. So it is either one or the other, but not both. It is going to be basically a fleet killer. It is hard enough now to get players to contribute dilithium to fleet projects and now you have just given them even MORE reason to hold on to it. Every Omega project I have seen you have to contribute dilithium.

We already have to grind for fleet marks, dilithium and rare commodities (like the 1000 taspar eggs and 1000 hearts of targ for a simple fleet chef) just to keep our fleets advancing. Now you add it to our characters too? That was not a great idea in my opinion.

I don't mind new content. I don't even mind changes, but not when it adds more grind to a game that is almost a 100% grindfest.

I doubt I will quit the game over it, but I will stop my monthly subscription. I am not going to pay for a game that is going to feel like a second job.

The new content is great. Love the New Romulus planet and the missions there. The Omega Force projects have little to be desired. I cannot say I will ever like it as long as you have to pay to advance your character. To me contributing dilitihum to the projects is the same as paying. The first 2 small projects basically cost 10 ZEN worth of dilithium, and that is at level 0. I would hate to see the cost at tier 5.

I know it is not going to be changed. PW/Crytic has put a lot of time and money into it, but that doesn't mean I have to like it or put my real life money into it.

Just my outlook on it. I will probably take another look at it later and read up on the forums and see if there is something I missed, but the way it looks now it is just more and more grind on top of the grind we already have.

P.S. I hope they give an exact date this goes live so everyone can make sure they convert all of their EDC and salvages into dilithium. There is no reason anyone should have to wait months from now (tier 5) to get what they have already earned. That was another change that I just had to shake my head and go WTH were they thinking.

Last edited by quickdraw74; 11-03-2012 at 01:58 PM.