View Single Post
Captain
# 14
11-03-2012, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Why would you need a prestige set with insignificantly superior stats (Mk XI is very close) to play easy content?
I want the top tier of everything... I'm a completionist... But beyond that... I like the look of the Mk XII M.A.C.O. ground set for instance, I shouldnt be barred from getting it because it requires a team of 5 with a fool proof strategy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny111971 View Post
I am not talking about closing ANY content to anyone... what I object to is making things easier (nerfing to the lowest common demoninator) detracts from what it means to be Elite. If Ned the New Guy wants to attempt the mission on Elite, thats his perogitive... and should (rightfully) get his behind handed to him... and a new audio clip of the Borg laughing. Edit(2): Why should a casual player consider themselves Elite anyway? Elite should take dedication, practice, and a lot of fail before it can be achieved.

The issue I have is that if it CAN be completed by two (and those who do so should (justifiably) brag about their accomplishment ... but then it is not elite.. Difficult, yes... Advanced... Perhaps... but not Elite. If the NORMAL mission says it should only be attempted by 5 players... I expect the Elite version to put all 5 players through the wringer trying to complete it with Optionals to boot.

Edit: I'll say it again... If you call yourself Elite, or believe yourself to be Elite... then you should welcome, embrace, and herald difficulty. Not whine, and QQ that its too hard... if its too hard, go back to normal and have fun.
You are taking this game way to seriously. Why cant I have fun on Elite? Is that not allowed? You make it soud as if having fun on the elite difficulty is a bad thing. And yet I currently do have fun playing KASE, and ISE, and even CSE. I have less fun on the ground... but thats because its the ground, and I just dislike it.