View Single Post
Captain
# 3
11-03-2012, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittichailuk View Post
Hello

After buying a bug ship im having real problems setting it up. ie which weapons to use etc, is using the jemhadr space set and polarans worth it? for the extra dps? or use my polarized distrupters that i was using on my retro defiant with omega set mk II or Maco full set

Im using it this setup

3 x DC MKII. either pol or P dis
1 x Photon MKII

rear
2 x Turrets MKII
1 x Photon MKII

using 4 x coils etc

Any help be appriciated..
Don't mean to argue with you adam, but the Jem'Hadar Attack Ship was built for the Jem'Hadar set. You put those two together, and you have a ship that is just as nasty as the first bug ever encountered in DS9.

If you use a bug, use the bug set.

Jem'Hadar Resilient Shields
Jem'Hadar Neutrino Deflector
Jem'Hadar Combat Impulse Engines

As for weapons? Use polaron. With that passive 7.6% bonus from the Jem set, AND the fact your polaron weapons can also strip buffs off a ship using Victory is Life, why would you not use it?

There is a reason that bugs were feared in PvP. Their only weakness is sci. With the way their BOffs are set up and their consoles, that ship can be a crazy thing to have to fight.

How I personally would set one up:

Jem Set for Shields, Engines, Deflector

Weapons:

Fore:
Polaron Dual Heavy Cannons x4, OR Polaron Dual Heavy Cannons x3 and Quantum Torpedo Launcher x1/Photon Torpedo Launcher x1

Aft:
Polaron Turret x3, OR Polaron Turret x2, Phased Polaron Beam Array x1 (http://www.stowiki.org/Phased_Polaron_Beam_Array)

Devices: Subspace Field Modulator, Deuterium Surplus

Consoles:
Tactical:
Polaron Phase Modulator x4, Assimilated Module x1 (cmon guys, you know you love that thing), OR Polaron Phase Modulator x3, Assimilated Module x1, Whatever Torp you have equipped Console x1

Engineering:
Neutronium Alloy x4, OR Neutronium Alloy x3, RCS Accelerator x1

Science:
Field Generator, OR Inertial Dampener, OR Power Insulator

BOff Layout:
Cmdr Tac: TT1, CRF1, APB2, APO3
LtCmdr Tac: TT1, CRF1, APB2
Ensign Engi: EPtS1
Uni Lt: (Sci) HE1, PH2 (or reverse the two) OR HE1, TSS2 (again can reverse them), (Engi) EPtS1, EPtW2 (again can reverse them), (Tac... ok why would you do this???) TS1, THY2 (reverse if you want)
Uni Lt: (same as above)

I personally would recommend that you run the two Unis as a Sci and an Engi for good survival and utility.

THAT is a bug to fear.

As DOffs go, I would recommend you use a warp core engineer and a DC engineer, in addition to a technician for the added BOff cd reduction. And if you want to, you can swap out one of the TT1s for a TS or THY, and then run 2 conn officers (TT reduction and AP buffer). If you don't, then that leaves you two DOff slots to do with as you please.

Hopefully not too confusing. If you have questions, feel free to ask, and I will clarify.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.