View Single Post
Empire Veteran
# 12
11-04-2012, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
Oh I didn't mean it in any cruel way, I just thought it was kinda funny because honestly you don't even see that much of the classic B'rel any more.
Ah, alright, maybe I oughta stop posting quite so late on the ole forums then, makes me tend to misunderstand thing quite often.

Though you are right, there aren't as many B'rels around anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisenw0lf View Post
It's true, not many B'rels around the galaxy anymore these days. Seems most people think it won't survive against all those new fed toys (which on paper are alot better than any BoP), but I think the B'rel or BoPs in general are still a viable option for KDF Tacs, despite having only 6 weaponslots and 3 tactical consoles.

I switched back to my B'rel yesterday after flying a Jem'Hadar Bug for months and a Tohr'Kat battlecruiser for like a week. It was glorious, both in Kerrat and regular PvP. Damage overall is alot lower than I used to have in my Jem Bug, but if set up right it's alphastrikes still hit hard enough to blow up any fed ship in seconds and it's turnrate an speed is fantastic. I use the B'rel with a pure energy build with drain components (tetryon glider, polarized disruptor, plasmonic leech) at the moment, but I might try a torpboat in the next days.
I'm using mine with a science character, but even so, it is a tremendous amount of fun, and might put my Tac in one as well (thank you VA tokens), either as a torp boat or a normal DHC, turret combo, maybe switch between both.

And honestly, Fed toys are just that, toys. I play both sides of the game, and while I enjoy toys sometimes, nothing can beat the feeling of watching somebody get hit with 4 tric mines and go boom, all while remaining cloaked. Plus, all those toys have long cooldowns, and my tric mines don't quite such a long time to wait.

Well though, I don't pick favorites in Ker'rat. I just find a target, and try to bring em down, or get brought down. If you're just a random person there, or part of a big PvP fleet, it's all equal in my eyes. So, equal and fair treatment to all.