View Single Post
Captain
# 4
11-04-2012, 08:52 PM
I know I'm pushing this a bit...

Thing is, to help you plan a little bit better now, it would be nice to know / at least have an idea as to what you'll be flying at "end game"...

As each end-game ship uses / needs a slightly different build...

Recon Science Vessel is slightly more "tactical" oriented (4 Sci 3 Tac 2 Engie consoles, Cmdr & LtCmdr Sci, Lt Engie, and Lt & Ens. Tactical), and runs a little less hull for better turn rate, while the Deep Space Science Vessel inverts the "secondary" - 3 Engie / 2 tactical Consoles and the lonely ensign is engineering instead of Tactical, with a hair more hull but less turn rate...

On this note, I'd be recommending / gearing a build differently for the RSV than the DSSV, the DSSV might want slightly more "control" and let a heal shift over to the engineering slots while the RSV tends to want as much damage as possible, to go with the tactical orientation and lack of healing (best defense = good offense)...

I'd recommend Gravity Well now and maybe shift to the Tyken's rifts later rather than using Tyken's now (as Tyken's needs admiral-level skills to finish boosting it while GW uses I think Cmdr-level skills), and GW also is a useful small-target trap power for the smaller ships that tend to start clustered but split apart in late PvE. Tyken's really needs the skill along with energy syphon, polaron weapons, and maybe even Viral Matrix to really hurt while the GW does decent damage as soon as shields go down (which, on smaller targets, is usually somewhat early in a BFaW/Torp spread volley...)
Well, with the upgrade announcement leaving NX and Connie fans in the dust again, can we restart / revisit the T5 Connie and NX threads - since they will no longer be "truly" endgame ships... (after we get the T5 versions, it'll be time to see them added to the T5U upgrade charts too...