View Single Post
Lieutenant
I imagine this is something that's been on people's minds and I wanted to specifically ask those that are playing Klingons what their thoughts and feelings are on this subject and perhaps to stir up some discussion for a possible justification for what we'll be getting with New Romulus.

So far, the information we've gotten in the form of Dev Blogs and what's currently available on the Tribble Test Server all paint a very Federation-centric view on the current state of affairs with New Romulus. Romulan refugees looking to setup shop on a planet to build a colony to live in peace, away from the strife that has grip over places such as Rator III. The colony needs help in order to grow and thrive, a task that the Federation and Starfleet are more than willing to lend a hand on as they're all about humanitarian aid and stretching out the hand of friendship.

What's the Klingon angle though?

My expectation would very much be that the Klingons would see the shattered remains of the Romulan Empire to be an ideal place for expansion. It wasn't that long ago that the Klingons launched an invasion but were stopped by Romulan E. Lee, but the military surely is even more fractured now that it was before.

Could it be perhaps that the High Council has decided to go with a "Hearts and Minds" approach with New Romulus? Perhaps. Having aided Obisek, and Obisek throwing his support behind the colony, it's possible that the High Council doesn't want to lose their friend Obisek and jeopardize their potential opportunity to learn some of the secrets the Vault may have. In that instance, I find it more plausible that the Klingons would just use/threaten force with regards to the Vault rather than attempt to resolve the situation diplomatically.

Any thoughts or insights you Klingon players have with regards to why the Klingons are on New Romulus would be welcome. At the moment, I don't have a strong story justification for it available to me.
Just can't let go of the Excelsior...