View Single Post
Career Officer
# 4
11-05-2012, 02:55 PM
I'm waiting until it goes live to get my KDF toon over there, but my feeling is that we're supposed to understand (with only a very few, very minor, in game hints being given) that J'mpok no longer enjoys the support he once did in the High Council and the various houses (not to mention all the new alien allies) and that the House of Martok and like minded houses are starting to regain much of the power they lost in the lead-up to J'mpok's killing of Martok and assumption of the mantle of Chancellor.

That said the more "Diplomatic" approach being taken with New Romulus could be seen as a "bone" being thrown to these increasingly restless adversaries in an attempt to stave them off until he can resolidify his powerbase.

Then there is, of course, Obisek. We first meet him when he's preparing to use Thalaron weaponry against the Romulans. We have been given no indications that he isn't still just as willing to use them now as he was then, even if he has thus far refrained. We also know that he wants the Remans to be an independent power, not just slaves under a different set of masters and as such has turned down Klingon "help" in the past. It's quite likely that this diplomatic approach is intended to avoid having Obisek decide that the Klingons are more deserving of his dishonorable weapons than the Tal'Shiar and the remnants of the Romulan Star Empire.

I give it roughly 50/50 odds that one of the above is what the Devs intend for the story to be, but forgot to lay the appropriate groundwork in game.