View Single Post
Empire Veteran
# 8
11-05-2012, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack12c View Post
I like it but with a few tweaks.

1) dosent matter if your team wins or loses.
2) change game so the person that did the most damage gets the kill.
3) award points by kill count, damage done, debuffs/buffs granted or healing done.
4) have it like the normal lvl system so the more points you have the higher your pvp lvl is.
5) if you have more damage done to your ship then heals/damage done to targets you lose points.
6) put in a vote to kick button if inactive for more then 30 sec. If kicked from more the 5 games in a day 48hr wait period. Till you can do any pvp at all
The main reason I was trying to set this up using mostly existing game mechanics rather than trying to develop new ones was to take away from the tired excuse of "we are working on Season 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, our rose gardens, house training our pets, teaching our fish to mambo, taking grandma to see the wolf, etc." This way, the basic coding is already there, and minimal work would be needed to put the system in place. The reason for win/reward - loose/nothing was to get rid of the farmers by not giving them a reason to be in the match in the first place.

The alternative would be a vote-to-kick button, and yes, it can be abused, but again, it is choosing the lesser of two evils to achieve an overall positive goal. (I meant to touch on the vote-to-kick in the original post, but forgot.) Overall, I tried to show a minimal work effort for a maximum gain to put the ball in Cryptic's court to see if it would be an "Oh, that's a good idea! We will get right on it!" or another "we are working on Season 20: Wrath of Khan't Fix PvP!"
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=44137599000&dateline=  1341891117