View Single Post
Captain
# 15
11-06-2012, 03:45 AM
To an extent I like your basic idea-a reputation system based on Kills/wins that awards marks and has a leaderboard.

But.

Your solution is complicated and predicated on hte Que system, which is fine for sportsmen and duellists, but utterly frustrating for people who want to fight NOW.

Here's what I see: I can que for C&H or Arena, and then go nerf off for thirty minutes to several hours in Kerrat-and in Kerrat, I'll see more live opponents, fewer "Farmers" and more action than I will waiting around DS9, Gonalda, Drozana, or First City for the damn ques to pop-especially at low levels (Commander to Captain).

Further, in Ker'rat, I don't have to have exactly-equal-forces to play-I can go after straggling Feds who aren't in the protective sphere of their Fedball in my dinky little non-c-store base model Norgh/qorgh/K'tinga, or fall in with a formation of fellow Klinks to pound on Starfleet with superior numbers/coordination/brass.

Which is really more of a Wargamer position, than a Sportsgamer position. There is a mission, there is an opponent or opposition, there are necessary tactical choices to be weighted between one mission, and the other, and no matter the setup you're running, no guarantee of winning.

I can ALWAYS find someone looking for a fight at Ker'rat, all day long, every day. There ARE PvP'ers out there, just not queing up for 'equal' fights where a good number cruncher can almost guarantee a win.

To truly "revitalize" PvP, maybe a move away from the Que system is in order, toward more and more varied War Zone areas, possibly supported with Storyline content. ("Breaking the Planet" practically begs for a war-zone conversion, honestly, as does Terradome, probably see more people playing those as War Zones, than you EVER see playing them as PvE missions....)