View Single Post
Captain
# 17
11-06-2012, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marctraiderz View Post
You got a point here, and yes sad to say at this very moment we have more fun in MWO then in STO, and yes, I've always spend money in this game as a PvPer, respecs, lockbox ships, etc. Lobi stuff.

I will be back when there is something interesting going on again, for now I feel like I have nothing much to do anymore in this game.

Oh well,

See you guys soon Im still on Pidgin
Snip! More fun in MWO right now.

Sad to say, but the PVP shine has disappeared for most of us in STO at this point in time. MWO is pure PVP. All the complexity of STO and more. It has stirred up the fun we used to get during season 2 pvp where hours would disappear in front of the screen with pure fun and enjoyment. The balance seems to be such that the little mechs you can start off with are just as important in a team environment as the big ones. Can you say the same for tier 4, 5 & 6 ships in STO?

Now, all it feels like is you have to spend X amount of time to unlock this to get that. Grind this mission to unlock that.

Wait, more grind? The rep system. More "Fun"?!?! How is grinding fun PWE? Why is it so difficult to incorporate the grind into the enjoyable parts?

Over the last few weeks I assessed the amount of time i had spent obtaining good stuff to actually function in PVP and that hit home for me. 10% pvp vs. 90% grinding. Way out of wack. (I also consider exchange watching a major necessity - part of 90%)

Due to the power creep kicking in way too quickly with the release of new ships month in, month out, there will be no balance as it will always be catch up for the devs.

Remember how long the MVAM took to come out post initial release of game? It should have remained that way. Look at how quickly the tholian ships have become obsolete. When were they released?

I'll see what happens in Season 8 or log in here and there to see whats happening whilst MWO patches

All the best to the PVP community for now.
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles

Last edited by naz4; 11-06-2012 at 01:40 PM.