View Single Post
Rihannsu
# 2
11-06-2012, 02:13 PM
I have really conflicted feelings about this. On one hand, I completely agree with you that the presence of low-tier ships, even when they are level-adjusted, make it hard to win the fleet missions. On the other hand, I like that "realism" of seeing a somewhat representative mix of ships (other than just the high-end tier 5 and lockbox stuff), and I think its important to involve lower-level characters in the fleet content (and not in a "separate but equal" low-level version). If nothing else, playing with experienced captains will help the new players develop important skills earlier in their careers and will expose them to enemies they otherwise would not face.

Maybe a better solution would be to scale the rewards based on the character levels present -- so if you have two Vice Admirals and three LT5s on a Fleet Alert, the game would see that you are doing a 250-level mission with only 115 levels and make the Fleet Mark rewards x2.17. This way, even if you lose the mission because of inadequate DPS, you would be compensated by higher rewards for the early stages.

Or maybe I'm just crazy

Last edited by ashtaku; 11-06-2012 at 02:14 PM. Reason: failed at math