View Single Post
Starfleet Veteran
# 357
11-07-2012, 05:25 AM
I have to say, the removal of Dilitihium from the reputation systems is definitely a step in the right direction... still have absolutely NO interest in working on either of them.

I have to ask, what is the point of the reputation system in it's current form? Is the purpose to meter the content or just provide a system for people to unlock different tiers and rewards?

If the point is to throttle access I REALLY don't see why the projects require anything other then Omega/Romulan marks. Adding 'Vendor Loot' and Doffs to the requirements adds absolutely nothing to the system, it's actually the reason I'm already tired of the Starbase system. It might make sense when 50-60 people need to contribute, but it's just senseless Replicator spam and exchange farming for a single person. The xp projects should have a fairly minimal cost, if we're actually working on the missions. Think DOFF system, not starbase.

If the point ISN'T to throttle access, why have marks at all? In that case give us reputation specific XP after completing missions and STFs. This allows people to level the systems at their own pace and remove the ridiculous leveling missions and their costs. Don't get me wrong, there would still need to be missions to unlock the different tiers and obtain gear and consumables, but it would remove a lot of the pointless busy work in the current system.

Honestly, the thing that bothers me the most about the reputation system is that it's moving almost ALL endgame content to a 'hands off' system. For a casual player you're removing the incentive to play past getting the resources for projects and forcing them to log in and swap projects regularly. This kind of system killed EVE for me, if you can't log in at a specific time you're character suffers and falls behind.

It makes sense for something like the DOFF system, where you have no direct control over the outcome, but when you're doing missions and only getting credit after some arbitrary project? Not as much. I REALLY hope there's additional changes coming, the system's definitely not ready yet.

Last edited by wackywombat; 11-07-2012 at 07:09 AM.