View Single Post
Starfleet Veteran
# 359
11-07-2012, 11:38 AM
EDIT :: This is a complete rewrite of something less... pleasant. I'm not usually an avid poster but I REALLY don't agree with the design of the Reputation system. I apologize if it comes out a little disjointed.

-------------------------------------------

Perhaps so but with Season 7 fast approaching I'm left more then a little anxious about the changes. This is the second time the STF currencies have changed this year and the current system just feels completely unfocused. In addition, there's really been no dev feedback on the Reputation system since the blog, and that makes me nervous.

This is the second time the STF currency has been redesigned this year and considering the state of the Reputation system, I'm really not confident that it wouldn't be reworked again in another 6 months. My main problem is, I honestly have no idea what the point of the Reputation system is. There's no real focus, it just leaves me with a bunch of questions that I'm still trying to get answered.

Is it throttled to slow access to the content or because that's left over from the starbase system? Why not make the XP missions 30 seconds instead of 2 days long? Is the system ment to be a currency sink? If so, why remove dilthilum? If not, why require anything besides marks? Why is it a project system, doesn't XP make more sense? Why not just have projects to unlock the tiers and create gear? What do we get out of the system that couldn't be achieved by adding MKXII gear to the STF vendors?

I'm REALLY not a fan of using a 'Hands Off' System like the starbase or doff system to manage a player's ability to progress. It's like running all the lower level content, but only getting XP from performing DOFF missions afterwards. It's even worse when the system requires 'Vendor Trash' and DOFFs. I'm already sick of obtaining that stuff for the starbase, I don't want to be doing it on player progression. If it's not earned from doing STFs or Romulan events, it shouldn't be required by the projects IMO.

I like the idea, but adjusting the drops and shoehorning the Starbase system in to control everything isn't the way to go. It feels like a patch job, unfinished. Perhaps there are good reasons that the system is designed the way it is, but without any Dev interaction on the subject we'll never know.

Honestly, I'd rather have the system left out of the game at this point. The way it sits now I half expect that it'll have to be pulled out for another system 6 mths from now and I'm sure no one wants to deal with another unfair currency exchange.

Great start but far from finished.