View Single Post
Rihannsu
# 24
11-07-2012, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
Personally I feel that lower level characters in these matches is more of a true representation of the Star Trek universe, both in canon and spirit. In canon, any ship that was near an emergency would respond. It was the Federation way. In spirit, it's all a part of including everyone, very much a theme of every series of Trek.

That being said, I can understand how some people may be frustrated. Here's a possible solution. Rather than limit something to 5 ships, limit it to, say, 50 ship points. A VA would be worth 10 points and a lieutenant would be worth 3. All other ranks would be scaled in between. The match would start when between 50 - 55 ship points were achieved. This way, rather than losing out on a VA to a lieutenant you'd lose a VA to two lieutenants, a comdr and a captain, for example.

I feel that this would satisfy the canon and spirit of Trek as well as provide a solution that makes sense.
I would be OK with this idea, though it would need to address Scarlet's concern. I suspect, however, that would be fairly easy to do on the back end.

Hmmm... the more I think about this the more I like it.