View Single Post
Career Officer
# 80
11-08-2012, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
The reason we decided to remove the number of players displayed in the queue is because the information being reported was inaccurate.
can't agree here

i was often monitoring the progress of a queue while i was waiting for it to pop and it always popped when it reached 5of5
then the queue window dropped back to 0 or 1

and i usually queue up for 3 events and wait for the first one who pops and the window was ALWAYS correct in telling me which one would pop first.

it did not update every microsecond and maybe lagged a little behind the actual state, but that kind of thing is to be expected in any online game.

oh well i guess there will be a PvE queue channel soon enough where players look for other players, the various EliteSTF channels did a good job so far, just to not play with PUGs but now it will also be good so we have not to bother with this queue system.

Anyway this new queue is one step forward, 2 steps back.

too much UI bloat,
removed important functionality,
the only pro here is the added info about the rewards, which should really be a popout window
maybe the filters (that never remember what i selected last time) will be helpful in another 3 years when there are so many missions in the queue that we have to actually start filtering for something, instead of just scrolling down 20 pixels ;P