Thread: My B'rel
View Single Post
Captain
# 33
11-08-2012, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths1 View Post
i setup'd a new non sci heavy projectile only b'rel on my tac today.

it goes:
TT, TS, THY, APO
TT, APD, TS
PH. HE
MES, HE

while having
KHG MK XII
Fore: Plasma, Quantum, Bio-Neural, Tricobalt
Aft: Mines: got my hands on Photon and Chroniton

Consoles:
Tac: Warhead Yield Chamber MKXII 3x
Eng: 2x plating, 1x SIF generator
Sci: Theta Rad.Vent, Borg Console, Isometric Charge

yeah, i have some shinies but i think it comes with playing for so long..
after a couple of runs it works pretty well! APD was a test and it is a bit help.
why MES? I haven't skilled stealth on that char, cause i use it for PVE too, having a scourge..needing also energy weapons and stuf.. Ill see how/if ill reskill.

My other B'rel builds are
Sci toon: has KHG XI, GW3 and TBR2, all shinies

i noticed nobody is using this, so ill just tell you how great it is to put a GW3 into a fedball, then fire your plasma and bio-neural, and others, and then watch them pop-up

Tac toon: in fact very similar to sci, makes good dmg too!

i have grinded out the reman set MK XII on this char. So, IMHO the "super" plasma HY torpedo is still pretty slow, it can crit nicely - around 100k, but mostly doing 30k on an unshielded surface. With shields and everybody having -plasma mods not really useful in PVP. BUT IT IS SEXY AS HELL!!!
The deflector stats are very nice for a sci graviton build, but i think overall - i'm better served with KHG, even MK XI.

(It is a pity that in S7 we are getting the fed MACO bonus, which does not suit a torpedo build very much. So get KHG now till you still can - MK XI will do the job just fine)

I would really like to see this set overhauled with something we could actually use.

OPEN FOR SUGGESTIONS AND CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM
If you're going to go with mines, you should really go with tricobalt mines. And if you do, pick up the Dispersal Pattern: Beta ability.

I only use my B'rel torpedo boat, and it can still be a significant contributor to PvE games.

Personally, I do not like using anything that can be swatted out of the sky. At least the Bio-Neural Warhead has shields and a turret. I've been considering dropping the Breen Cluster torpedo for something else. On that note, I also want to make sure the only torpedo I'm buffing with THY3 is my Quantums.