View Single Post
Career Officer
# 3
11-08-2012, 09:48 PM
Yes, I would.

As far as restrictions, it would be nice if we had the option of requiring the person to request permission. I'd like a fully public option, and by-request option. As far as time period before things can be shared, I could solve that by simply not sharing an asset until I wanted to.

I'd also like it if there was a box where we could describe what the asset was (the map, etc), and also write any restrictions we'd like respected (obviously those would be non-binding, but hopefully people would respect them).

For example, if I shared a character, I wouldn't want it to necessarily be used for a random other NPC, and I probably wouldn't want them to be killed, so I'd like to be able to note that. A character like that I'd also want to put on "by-request". Meanwhile if I just made another cool looking NPC that I didn't really care about, I'd put it on public and let people do what they will with it.

Actually, all of these things could probably be accomplished by having the ability to export and import costumes from the Foundry, as well as export and import maps. We don't actually need to build something into the game, we just need a way of being able to trade files around.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.