View Single Post
Captain
# 10
11-08-2012, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warlordsob View Post
The only issue I see is simple; I believed pvp could mount some kind of comeback with F2P. Moreover I wished the day would come when the glory of pvp returned in full force. However this is not the case what we see is a lot of untested mechanics and pushed out development that affect the balances of pvp. Now I don?t know if its unqualified developers or they just are not giving the time to properly balances for pvp new or updated mechanics. I believe those in the mainstream of the development team don?t have a priority to improve pvp. Their focus seems to be more on pushing as much content and z-store merchandise out as possible, instead of focusing on the quality of their product. If it isn?t TBR one month it?s scramble or something else. Then when you get a que pop there are 8 out of 10 people in the arena using it. It?s a hard thing to enjoy pvp in this game because there is no real motive for the developer to improve the way it?s played. Trust me it is not your marketing or advertisement of pvp that is failing the community it?s cryptic?s failure to properly execute pvp content and decade a team to that. Failure to balance before release or to quickly respond to issue after release.
Some word of advice
Hirer a pvp team! Already

To the op on the matter;
I have been here a long time now seen many others who wanted to help fix the pvp in this game, but us as a community can?t fix it cryptic has to show the community their serious and have to do this in a meaningful way. No one can say that cryptic as done any meaningful reform to pvp sense the games release?.they haven?t even dropped a map. Sorry I am referring to space pvp as ground pvper are even less then us. The community doesn?t need a new form of tournament, a training program, or to get organized oddly we have had all of these in the place to no avail. What we need is a reason to be exited again something big enough to draw in new and old pvpers. Unfortunately no matter how many times a community actives tries to stir thing up it will fail because cryptic is not behind it. Yes, Brandon supports your idea?s hell I support your idea but it?s not going to bring back or draw in new players because the simple fact that cryptic has no real development plans for pvp and it is transparent.
Thanks for your perspective on the matter. You have obviously been with the game a while and have seen both the highs and the lows. Nevertheless, I remain willing to more forward with Boot Camp, in spite of the challenges. This morning I was chatting with one of the regular and highly respected PvP forum posters and s/he told me that s/he had not seen this much energy around a PvP project before. I think this is a positive sign. A number of podcasts have indicated their willingness to help in this matter. In addition, Cryptic/PWE has given us its support and we know that the devs are working on a PvP reputation system. Changes, it seems, are on the way. And the project has support on a number of fronts.

If Boot Camp is able, over the next 6 months, to bring in 50, 75, 100, even 200 regular, new PvP players that would certainly have an impact on the game and would be a great success. I hope for more but am also a realist.

For my part, and for the sake of a more vibrant PvP, I am willing to take the risk before writing the obituary.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus

Last edited by gradstudent1; 11-08-2012 at 10:11 PM.