View Single Post
Career Officer
# 10
11-09-2012, 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
From my point, they are both tactical ships. I'm not obcessed by high tactical abilities.

It's a fair tradeoff between lt.cmd tac and lt.cmd eng, while both slots can be used offensively and defensively.

A straight fleet version of normal assault cruiser, would have...

42900 hps and 1,1 shield modifier, and 10 consoles, but 7 turn rate (something fleet regent will get eventually). Now if I use the cryptic turn/vs hps ration, which is about 1,5k per one turn point.
But there is no straight Fleet Assault Cruiser and it doesn't look like there will be 1. Yes, a fleet version of the Regent will probably have the +10% to hull and shields and a 10th console and then it will be an even better tactical cruiser than it is now, but it will still not replace any other cruiser as healing boat. I know its totally dull to argue from a PvP point of view in this game, but both ships fit two totally different roles there.

Your Fleet Nova example is basically the same story. Fleet Nova suits a more offensive (or better CC) role and Nebula a more defensive/healing support role.

Quote:
I take it from my fleet nova experience vs. fleet nebula experience. The nova actually has +500 shield points on borg shields, but the regen on max shield power is at 2/3 more or less.
That's for sure something to consider and I also have both the Fleet Nova and Nebula for my sci captain. I did the comparisson with all the different shields between Nova/Nebula and Heavy Cruiser/Star Cruiser a couple weeks ago. Don't get me wrong, I do not disagree that all fleet versions of T2 and T3 ships should have T5 stats. IMHO there is no need to make a difference and create an overall complicated system or put ships with the same costs on different levels.

For me, after testing the ship, the +1 turn rate, 10th console and higher shield cap are still an upgrade to the regular Assault Cruiser. The Fleet Nova suits my sci captain's CC approach very well, maybe the Fleet Recon has a better shield reg, but it works.

Quote:
See, fleet nova at least got better layout, fleet saber got better turn rate, but what did fleet heavy cruiser retrofit got ?
Fleet Heavy Cruiser also got a better turn rate. So what? Yeah I know, the hull is too weak, but really the difference is totally unimportant. When your shields are down I wouldn't bet on a tiny chance that some 2.5k additional hull will protect you.

Quote:
There simply is no fleet level assault type cruiser in STO atm.
Yeah, not by naming, but by stats. Could it be better? Yes. Is it an upgrade already? Yes.
-----------------------
decker999

Last edited by decker03; 11-09-2012 at 12:55 AM.