View Single Post
Super Moderator
# 280
11-09-2012, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
But I think this is different with forum-related support tickets, which seem to just be forwarded to PWEBranFlakes (and a team to support him?), who will then do with it what he deems best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
but if hes the one who issues an infraction/ban/whatever their policy says that someone other then him will review it.

right?

if hes the lead then how can a ticket ever be "fairly"?
Ok, take what I am about to say with a grain of salt... it's based on a little bit of experience with the ticket system, a little bit of experience as a moderator for the STO forums, and a dash of speculation on my part. I have no direct knowledge of Cryptic's internal operations.

I believe that forum-related support tickets are forwarded to the Website and Forums team, who are the only people with the power to control the forums.

You should also understand that Branflakes is not the only person on that team and he's not the only Community Manager. He's STO's Community Manager.

I would assume that any dispute involving Branflakes would be passed to another person on that team for review. At least that's how I interpret what the rules say about the process.

Having said that, I will also say that my experience with Branflakes shows that he does not hand out infractions lightly. If he does hand out an infraction, it will very likely stick... not because he's the Community Manager, but because he's right.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek