View Single Post
Career Officer
# 7
11-09-2012, 05:44 PM
Well, honestly, most people don't know how to care for or maintain their own desktop PCs, so I'm not sure how a laptop is entirely different in that case. Most people won't upgrade their video card, RAM, or CPU for that matter.

That said, there is the simple fact that the price of a good gaming laptop will get you a significantly more powerful desktop. And, thankfully, Supergeek is looking for a desktop.

Quick thought: get at least an Intel i3. An i5 would be great (quad core). An i7 might be overkill? Be sure to get more than 4g of RAM, and a 64-bit version of Windows. Also, be sure to get a good power supply! Why? Your video card

Important question: what's your budget? That would help loads in terms of recommendations. Anyone can get a smoking machine for $4,000, but getting one for under $1,000 means there'll be some give and take between components.
Updated 2/11/13! Buying Zen with Energy Credits | Upgrading Duty Officers without Dilithium.
Q&A Presents: Maui Online! My friends' radioshow/podcast Computers, with occasional forays into astronomy.