View Single Post
Rihannsu
# 103
11-09-2012, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chivalrybean View Post
I have also worked in with customers. They are not always right. Sometimes they are plain wrong, and other times they are totally silly.

I had a guy argue with me that, despite the fact that the Filet of Fish Meal + Medium Drink on the order screen added up to $4.99* like the menu board said, he should only have to pay the $3.49 the screen listed as the reader board said and not the additional $1.50 it said for the drink, simply because the screen said 'meal' and 'meal' should include the drink.

The menu said the price, and the total said the same price, yet he argued, held up drive thru, and also got other customers behind him to try and explain how it worked.

He was wrong, or at least silly, just because he had some idea how he thought it should work, even thought it clearly (to everyone else) didn't work that way, and in fact worked exactly as planned, and effectively.

*arbitrary example price.
As a current retail slave I definitely concur. That's part of why I often don't bite the dev team's heads off if I don't like the service they're providing; the customer may well be right about being wronged, but the customer rarely knows all the details regarding *why* they were [or felt they were] given bad service.

And of course, there's the inflated sense of entitlement that silly little phrase has drilled into many customers... *shudder*