View Single Post
Career Officer
# 127
11-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex
The Dilithium reward has been removed from the Chart the B'Tran Cluster, Vice Admiral -
All of my facepalm. For the record, I'm not in the Doom&Gloom crowd. I understand that the dilithium economy is not in trouble.

What I DON'T understand is why you removed the dil reward from this mission instead of disabling it entirely. This mission is now COMPLETELY POINTLESS. It's a DAILY, exclusive to VICE ADMIRALS that gives only EXPERTISE. What? You couldn't just nuke it altogether?

I'm not calling you out on trying to manipulate the economy. I'm calling you out on being lazy.

Now, let's assume you've got plans. You want to keep this mission around for a pending exploration revamp or something. Sure, fine. I'll buy that. But why remove the dil reward NOW? There's nothing to replace it. Even if you brought back Marks of Exploration (I kinda miss those, broken as they were) at some later time, there's nothing to fill the void in the moment. You've just got a pointless, empty mission hanging out there in the ass-end of space.

Are you going to add Omega Marks and just haven't gotten around to it yet? Maybe you could do like Defera and add a random assortment of MK XI data samples? It would at least give this poor mission some purpose.

I'm not entirely convinced "the dev team knows what they're doing" is an accurate statement at this point. Even if this is somehow an honest mistake, you don't need me to tell you it's feeding the doomsayers.