View Single Post
Career Officer
# 19
11-10-2012, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
Season 7 will be released in the coming weeks, each of the previously released seasons seem to have had a gap of between three and six months; season 6 having been released back in July, we'll have season 7 within 5 (or 6) months depending on delay.

I've no doubt that there are already internal discussions going on surrounding season 8, hopefully a lot of that talk is excluding the Federation (cause frankly, we've got enough for them for the time being).

Anyway, the purpose of this thread is to realistically detail everything we would want to see in the game once we get into Season 10 (this can include Season 10 content too).

##### ##### ##### ##### ##### ##### ##### ##### ##### ##### #####

By Season 10 I would like, most importantly, to see the full development of both the Klingon Defence Force and a fully playable (level 1 through to level 50+) faction for the Romulan Empire (or whatever name you'd give to a rebuilding Romulan-centered faction). This should include a fully fledged fleet (a minimum of 9 ships per tier; three ships per skill choice), a unique featured campaign for each faction (some of the Klingon missions are currently Federation copies/edits; these need to be removed/reworked so that they stand alone), fully accessible social zones along with unique STF, PvP & PvE content.

As mentioned above, I'd hope that Season 8 will at least focus on getting the Klingon Faction up to speed, then Season 9 could focus primarily on a playable Romulan Faction with Season 10 being the next universal update with new missions, ships and features for all.

Season 8 hopes for the KDF would be more (overdue) hair styles for KDF warriors, better attire customisation for KDF clothing, more starship customisation (a lot of the current designs are limited), and a couple of new races to choose from (Talarians as example). Wouldn't hurt to throw in more (M'Ress-style) hair for Caitian and Ferasan choices too, outside of the Z-Store.

Season 9, again as stated; Romulans. You've got the Romulans, you'll have the Reman too. I could personally see the Suliban and Vaadwaur being implemented as allies, as with (to a certain extent) the Son'a.

I'm aware that the development team doesn't exist just to work on new races, and I'm not suggesting that seasons 8 & 9 focus only on the above two mentioned factions, what I am saying is that they should be the main focus. You'll obviously have other featured episodes to play with (one that rewards with a Cardassian Boff would be nice (hint hint)), and more stories to tell.

More for Season 8 (seeing as there is less work faction wise as we've already got half a Klingon one); Unique Bridge Officers, specifically Breen, Jem Hadar and Reman ~ a little user customisation would go a long way to making a lot of people happy. Doesn't need to be a great deal, just some. Maybe give us 10 templates to choose from in regards to appearance or something then a unique attire or three to match? Just some variation so we're not all running around with identical Boffs.

##### ##### ##### ##### ##### ##### ##### ##### ##### ##### #####

Anyway, that's it from me, for now. I'd ask other people throw their wishes in here too, though would ask that you remember this is specifically up to season 10. Anything you might think wont get covered before season 10 (a playable Tholian faction) there isn't any point in mentioning, cause it wont be a realistic goal.
ummmm...

Season 7 in Five or Six months... ???

Even though it's become a Trek cliche..., Try... T U E S D A Y of this week.

My biggest desire for Season 10...

That the Game will still be around to play.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 11-10-2012 at 12:37 PM.