View Single Post
Career Officer
# 30
11-10-2012, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post

I hear you. I rolled an engi because I wanted to be that same unkillable tank I always am when I play League of Legends. Then suddenly I find out that I need to spec in threat control to get NPCs to shoot at me. Ok, kinda annoying, but doable. Then I have the horror of discovering I can't force players to fire on me. Also annoying.

Then I find out that guess what, Damage is all that's needed, and tanks aren't. And then I suddenly find that my class is almost useless. Ain't life wonderful?

However I then discovered ground combat. And all of a sudden my Engi isn't nearly so useless. And then I discovered the Odyssey, and my engi is even less useless. My oddy can heal up a storm, and still do acceptable damage. Not great, but at least I get above 3500 DPS. Don't believe me? Ask Flekh, he parsed it for me. And that was being semi casual. If I really wanted to, I could pull over 4k DPS. I learned what to use, how to use it, and am now effective on my Engi Oddy.

As for my Tac Tor'Kaht? I think I just explained it with the last 3 words in that sentence. XP
Oh, yeah. Ground Combat for Engineers is another story. Too bad Ground Combat still blows, imo.

Which Oddy do you use on your Engineer? The Operations or the Science?