View Single Post
Captain
# 4
11-10-2012, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
General: great ideas! I hope they do at least some of this stuff. Your suggestion about patrols reminds me of one of the things I feel was a failing of the Dil conversion. They only gave specific missions dil rewards.

Reputation: not gonna happen. I'd love to be able to fly a Borg Sphere, but I can't see it happening any time soon.

STFs: nice ideas.

Fleet Actions: good, but, how is placing defined?

Fleet Starbase:
1: nah..
2: bad idea...
3: worse.... seriously, why have doffs that are nothing but SB fodder?
4: good, except the payout... none of the extant special projects give a payout enywhere near that.
5: I kinda like this. Another useful change would be to make the contacts accessible from the regular mission screen.

Embassy; nah....

Doffs: The change to the uncompactor is cool.
The doff changes with starbases are nessessary in the long run. Eventually players will reach T4 and begin to gain purple doffs faster than cryptic wants us too. At that point something bad will happen (nerf) and people will be upset. This would resolve that before it becomes a problem.

For #4 it is a simply philosophy. The ones we currently have are designed to assist large fleets gain fleet credits to fix the imbalance of fleet credit generation between the large and small fleet. Therefore one should also exist to fix the imbalance of starbase progression between the small and large fleet hence why I would add it. Using just it would take over 200 weeks or 4 years to finish off a starbase so it is not game-breaking in the slightest.

As for the ships, well I guess I might as well just give the example poorly written fake blog post for clarity. And it is not intended to be a borg sphere.

The Omega Corvette
Short History: When the alliance was formed to combat the borg threat it was not just an alliance of arms, but also ideas. Using the information gained in battle, along with the technology of the alliance a new craft was designed to combat this menace. The base ship was designed primarily by a combination of Starfleet and KDF engineers working with the Omega group. Once the basic design was finalized the Defari and Cardassians went to work constructing them in secret with abandoned dominion shipyards. Sadly though there was still enough mistrust between the KDF and Starfleet that the final components were not to be shared and the ships had to finish being fitted by their respective shipyard.

Starfleet Omega Corvette
Hull Strength: 36,000
Shield Modifier: 1.1
Crew: 25
Weapons: 4 Fore, 2 Aft
Device Slots: 2
Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Lieutenant Universal, 1 Commander Tactical, 1 Ensign Science, 1 Lieutenant Commander Engineering
Base Turn Rate: 15 degrees per second
Impulse Modifier: 0.2
Can Equip Cannons
Consoles: 4 Engineering, 3 Science, 5 Tactical
Subsystem Power: +15 Weapons, +5 Engine

This is just a concept not really intended to be taken too seriously but just to show what I was thinking with the ships.