View Single Post
Career Officer
# 8
11-10-2012, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroyalfamily View Post
I don't; I see when it says patching, but it doesn't happen during the races, from what I've seen. I'll turn it off and see what happens.

EDIT: Well, the first thing that happened was a 3500MB patch.

EDIT 2: It only took 1:50 to get into ESD from space instead of my usual 5+. Still way too long, but far better than before.
Well, hopefully that will not increase for you. But I think its a good suggestion by zerobang to defrag the hard drive you play STO from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainoblivous View Post
Lucky you, I had 24GB of patch to download when I turned off my on demand patching!

also, it is not the users end imo. I run an SSD and it *still* takes aeons to load ESD, DS9, Qonos etc.
Well there is no denying that high population instances do create these loading problems - although I've only ever experienced them when it was an issue affecting everyone due to old instances that were not terminating correctly when people had left them or were otherwise not functioning correctly.

24GB! I really think the majority of people who are not aware of on-demand patching and who have loading delays would have a much better experience if they were at least aware that on-demand was ON.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*