View Single Post
Career Officer
# 49
11-11-2012, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadensecura View Post
You're absolutely right, a team that knows the mission decently well, watches chat, and has builds that aren't totally incompetent will ultimately finish the mission. A PvP heal build can certainly keep itself alive through an STF (it's designed to do so in a faster paced environment, after all), and if you can stay alive and keep shooting everything will inevitably die. I've done Elites with total strangers and missing a person and still completed comfortably. But you won't get optionals without high powered builds, and you won't cover well for incompetent teamates without high powered builds, and as things stand sci ships basically don't have high powered builds. High level PvE doesn't mean you win, high level PvE means you get the optional with 10 minutes to spare, or you solo ISE and get the optional while the rest of your team sits at the spawn point and applauds. I'm not making those up, either, those are real things that people can do on a regular basis. But not if they're using current sci ships.
I did the KASE optional with my Sci healboat setup the first time. If everyone isn't completely fail, they'll do it just fine.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.