View Single Post
Captain
# 24
11-11-2012, 11:31 AM
When I was in high school, I wanted to be a Naval Aviator after Top Gun's Maverick. But then in 10th or 11th grade I started to need glasses and it killed that dream. Though now I could have got corrective surgery (were it available then) since Im only a -1.0 Rx to this day. Being a Star Trek fan then too watching TNG, I let go of the aviator dream and decided I wanted to be Captain of the Enterprise. My ASVAB scores were high and the Navy was telling me I could have an job in the Navy I wanted. I seriously considered it, but in the end, I knew I valued wanting a family more and didnt want a career that had me away from my family for 6+ months at a time.

Now in hindsight, Im still comfortable with that decision as Im only going to be 35 next month and likely never would have advanced into the Big chair of the Big E in enough time before she was decommissioned regardless of how smart I am. I also dont regret it now that I see the US military are nothing but chess pieces for the world's shadow elite running things behind the curtain. I wouldnt have wanted to lose men over the crap they have us engaged in right now, pretending to fight against CIA backed Al qaeda and the like, trying to control nations for their resources.

I seriously hope they save her island at least. I want a chance to go sit in that chair someday if its only in a museum.
STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Zorro