Thread: Fairness in PvP
View Single Post
Empire Veteran
# 13
11-11-2012, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakehilbert View Post
Why do you think the fighters are not allowed to bring guns to a boxing match? A set of rules that makes the competition fair increases the fun of the fight.

Cryptic doesn't understand how balance in this game works, but that doesn't mean that we have to intentionally make the game worse by using all the stupid consoles.
True enough. But in a boxing match they would not make me face an enemy like Klitschko. Because that would be very boring to watch and I might not even survive his punch.

We have no matchmaking in this game. There is premade vs pug, there is veterans vs noobs and there are 5 cruisers without dmg in a team. Yes the most interesting and the most exciting matches are when both teams are equals. And I would like more of these matches.
But consoles are only one of many things that might create an imbalance. Actually they could even make things more interesting (in theory) by giving the weaker team a fighting chance. Also ships can be an equal if not greater advantage than consoles yet people all seem to fly what they want.