View Single Post
Captain
# 1817
11-12-2012, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by verlaine11 View Post
With that F2P model the only threat is to themselves, its awful and with them adding things like bikini bottoms to buy it just cheapens Star Wars even more.

I love Star Wars but ever since 1999 its gone down hill so fast even Lucas bailed
Lucas didn't bail. He sold his Lucasfilm to the tune of $4 Billion to Disney. Seems like a nice retirement package don't you think?

"For the past 35 years, one of my greatest pleasures has been to see Star Wars passed from one generation to the next," Lucas said via a press release and video posted to YouTube (Watch Press Release). "It's now time for me to pass Star Wars on to a new generation of filmmakers. I've always believed that Star Wars could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime. I'm confident that with Lucasfilm under the leadership of Kathleen Kennedy, and having a new home within the Disney organization, Star Wars will certainly live on and flourish for many generations to come. Disney's reach and experience give Lucasfilm the opportunity to blaze new trails in film, television, interactive media, theme parks, live entertainment, and consumer products." G. Lucas

Though Hitler had his own views on the matter altogether...

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 11-12-2012 at 12:23 PM.